Welcome to the Chalktalk Education website. Our role is to support schools and other educational settings in their safeguarding duties.
We are a safeguarding consultancy service for schools, early years and other settings, offering continuing professional development through training seminars, safeguarding audits and reviews, both in the UK and internationally.
Our aim is to ensure we provide the most effective, up-to-date safeguarding training programme to suit your needs and to ensure you are fully supported in your safeguarding agenda.
- whole school training
- designated safeguarding lead seminars
- designated safeguarding lead supervision sessions
- accredited safer recruitment training
- safeguarding training for governors
- safeguarding reviews and audits to help you prepare for inspection
Designated Safeguarding Lead Training Course
Designated Safeguarding Lead training is crucial for safeguarding leads, deputies and child protection officers in schools. This is a CPD accredited course delivered online over two half days (4 modules) from 9.00 am – 12.30 pm on 17 and 18 March 2021 for a total special price of only £80.00 per person.
Learning outcomes for Designated Safeguarding Leads
By the end of this course, named/designated officers will be able to:
- Describe the key responsibilities of their role in relation to safeguarding/child protection
- Describe how they will ensure that their setting responds appropriately to concerns regarding children and allegations against staff and volunteers
- Offer guidance and advice to colleagues regarding appropriate levels of intervention when a concern about a child arises
- Describe the thresholds for intervention and the duty to refer to Children’s Social Care
- Identify best practice for confidentiality, sharing of information and recording
- Identify the obstacles to sharing information and use solution focused approaches to overcome them
- Describe the role of Children’s Social Care and the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer
This course is for staff who:
- Are designated or deputy designated safeguarding leads for their setting
- Are named and designated child protection officers/designated safeguarding leads
- Have completed basic safeguarding and child protection training
- Are able to attend both half-days comprising of four modules
- Have access to Zoom on a suitable computer as the course makes use of features such as polls and chat which cannot reliably be accessed on some devices eg phones/tablets.
CPD accreditation number 777608
How to book
Contact by email: ChalktalkLtd@mail.com